Posted March 6, 2022
Accounts Office Assistant – POSITION NOW FILLED
Location: North Leeds, Horsforth
Hours: 28-36.25 hours per week
Salary: £19,000 – £21,000
Whitesides Chartered Accountants, a small friendly accountancy practice based in Horsforth, are seeking someone to join the firm to support the accounts, administration and bookkeeping teams. This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring financial professional.
We are looking for someone working between 28 hours and 36.25 hours per week.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to retrain or enter the finance industry as a first job. The ideal candidate should be confident and have experience of working as part of a team. Office administration experience is desirable but not essential.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Assisting with general administration tasks in the office
* Preparing VAT Returns and bookkeeping using Sage and Xero
* Preparing sole trader, partnership and company accounts
* Preparing Income Tax Returns
* Responding to client queries and assisting with ad hoc requests
* Competent user of Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical and numerical abilities
* Self motivated with good team working skills
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written; professional phone manner and excellent customer care skills
* Good organisational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
Minimum 5 GCSE including English & Maths A*-C or equivalent
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] (applications sent without a covering letter will be automatically rejected).