Posted May 28, 2019
Horsforth Accountants are Recruiting
Part-time Bookkeeping and Payroll Assistant Required
This position has now been filled
Whitesides Chartered Accountants, Horsforth, Leeds
Hours: 4 hours per day (Mon – Fri)
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whitesides Chartered Accountants is an independent firm of Horsforth accountants providing accounting, bookkeeping, payroll and tax services to owner managed businesses and individuals. Due to continued growth we are now looking for a part-time bookkeeping/payroll assistant to join our team.
The ideal candidate should be confident and have experience of working as part of a team. Whilst bookkeeping/payroll experience is not essential, as full training will be provided, the successful candidate must have experience of working in office administration or a similar role and be good with figures.
The opportunity to increase working hours may be available in the future as the practice grows.
– Using computerised bookkeeping software (including Xero, Sage, FreeAgent and Quickbooks) to update client’s accounting record
– Preparing VAT Returns
– Preparing bank reconciliations
– Processing payrolls for clients on a monthly basis
– Calculating PAYE/NI, SSP, SMP, SPP and other payments as required on behalf of clients
– Ensuring all pension auto-enrolment schemes and all submissions are processed accurately and on time
– General administrative duties (answering telephone calls, filing etc) and supporting the Office Manager as required
Experience of working in a team
Experience of working in an office required
Knowledge of Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office Applications
Good communication skills, both verbal and written, professional phone manner
High level of attention to detail
Confident, organised and keen to learn
The closing date for applications is 9 June, although we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable application is received, interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.